I am having no luck finding a new venue. The places are either too expensive (most are running about 5K but one place quoted me 14K and I thought I don’t want to keep it) or too small. The Allure did offer us some incentives to come back this year. So there are three options as it stands now:

1) Pay more which could potentially eliminate some attendees 
2) Go smaller and do pre-registrations for up to a certain number of attendees that the space can hold, I would guess 50-75 for most of the smaller conference areas. 
3) Take another chance on the Allure (assuming that the space is still available)

Discussions are open on both Ravelry and Yahoo.  If neither of those sites interest you please email your opinions directly to me.